What is Lemongrass?
and How to make Lemongrass Tea for Weight Loss
Lemongrass is a culinary and medicinal herbs present in Asian
cuisines, especially Indian . It has a citrus flavour. The lemongrass may be used as dried, powdered or fresh form.Most commonly it is used to make teas , soups, curries. It is also a suitable ingredient to be used in many poultry, fish and seafood recipes.
How does it help in Weight Loss?
Lemongrass is said to contain only 100 calories per 100 grams,
it is one of the least calorie inducing teas to drink from. People
often get a lot of calories from their regular milk tea.
Drinking lemon tea is not going to just reduce your weight overnight, but it has no side effects, or
implications, as compared to other radical weight loss methods.
It is a natural way to help reduce weight gain in a safe way. Drinking a herbal tea like this, will help your body digest your food easily, limiting weight gain. Also, drinking tea, before a meal will limit your hunger, thus leading to lesser food intake.
How to make Lemongrass Tea?
It’s time we discuss the magic recipe.
- Water (about a Liter)
- Lemongrass (2 stems /bulbs)
- Ginger root (1 piece, optional item)
- Mint or Spearmint (1 sprig, optional item)
Lemon juice Low calorie sweetener or Honey will do (according to taste)
Steps to Prepare
● Boil a cup of water.
● Add finely chopped lemongrass,
gienger piece and spearmint, if
● Let it keep boiling at a low temperature for 5-10 minutes, while lid covered
● Now take about half a cup of this, add honey, and lemon juice as per taste, to make a cup of tea.
● Don’t forget to suggest this tea to your friends and colleagues.
● If you are using direct leaves from a lemongrass plant, discard the outer portion of the leaves.
● You can also drink it as iced tea, but increase the concentration of lemongrass per cup of tea slightly, to still enjoy the same favour.
● The perfect cup of tea will be light yellow in color. It will be a light drink and not too strong. If you are getting too strong, dilute the lemongrass conc.
Other benefits of Lemongrass Tea?
Lemongrass tea has many other benefits. It is a powerful antioxidant, and has plenty of Vitamin
C . It also contains some active ingredients, like Myrcene , Citronellol etc. that helps boost immunity .
Other Benefits include –
● Detox Tea
It is anti-microbial , anti-fungal and anti-bacterial in nature and remove toxics from the pancreas, kidneys, bladder and the digestive tract altogether, resulting in improved liver
Drinking lemongrass tea regularly is a great way to keep gas, bowel spasms, diarrhea, constipations, and all other stomach related disorders, far from you. It will also help reduce bad cholesterol level.
Can be used as a remedy for mild headaches. Works fine as a makeshift antidepressant . Can also treat fever and cold symptoms.
Great for your skin
Helps your skin look younger and fresh by preventing pimples etc. because of its anti-bacterial
Why is it a better option than drugs?
There are a lot of methods to reduce weight out there. But each one of them come with their own list of side effects.
One can narrow down the choice to natural methods, because they are always more healthier and less dangerous than man made drugs.
There are way too many hazardous side effects of Weight reducing drugs. A few drugs like Phentermine has the potential to kill the patient. This medicine suppresses the appetite which can help reduce weight, but is a highly addictive drug.
Using drugs also lead to withdrawal symptoms after the course of medication is completed.
Those symptoms include insomnia, mood swings, audio visual hallucinations. Sometimes, the patient may act violent and can prove to be fatal for both himself and others.